Monday, November 20, 2006

Challenge

Well I did manage to get a job in my trade again this time running a 2 colour MO, now I have not run one of these since my first year.

I got a days training from the bloke who was running it he was retiring then into the deepend I jumped
Well what a struggle, the principal of printing is the same its just learning the little quirks of the machines

I was managing to get one pass off each day, bloody terrible as I should be able to get at least two passes per day. Its 4-colour work and I have not done much of that in my career

Mean while calls were coming in about the job why was it not done

And the advertisement for the printer was rerun

It does wonders for your confidence when you hear “yes mate when can you start cause the bloke we have now is not much chop” I was sweating and going nowhere just spinning the wheels this increased my nervousness and I was starting to wretch prior to going to work. I looked upon it as a challenge

And finally on the 2nd Thursday the machine would not feed paper under impression I tried all the tricks that I could think off and eventually that evening rang up Uncle Len “It’s the eyes mate”

Next day I removed the cover and examined the eyes they were full of spray powder, I cleaned them and ran I had the best day ever, even though one plate was plated 5 millimetres out and I had to take it off and re punch it as I could not catch it with the circumferential adjustment.

Well I finished at 11am “what’s next” I said “just wash-up and you can go home” and they made sure they had my contact details “We don’t have any work for this machine until probably Wednesday we will ring you then”

Its been three weeks since I don’t think I am going back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home